These muffins are great for a quick snack or easy breakfast. Make them sweetened or not. They would be yummy with syrup or jam if you go with unsweetened. My girls enjoy them both ways. Add nuts or chocolate chips if you want, too.
Multigrain Banana Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup sugar, optional
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray your muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Mix the dried ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Fill your muffin wells half to 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
6. Let cool for a few minutes before removing them from your pans.
Makes 2 dozen muffins.