|Jesus Teaching Pharisees|
"His earthly life covered a period of thirty-three years; and of these but three were spent by Him as an acknowledged Teacher openly engaged in the activities of public ministry. He was brought to a violent death before He had attained what we now regard as the age of manhood’s prime. As an individual He was personally known to but few; and His fame as a world character became general only after His death." - Jesus the Christ, Introduction, by James E. Talmage
One Among the Crowd
“He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief … ; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
- The woman who was healed by touching Christ's robe
- Alma, another Book of Mormon prophet who, as a wicked priest, alone believed the words of the prophet Abinadi and was converted
- Joseph Smith, who restored Christ's ancient church on the earth today
- William Tyndale, the scholar who defied the Roman Catholic Church and the laws of England by translating the Bible into English
Family Discussion Questions
1. What are some situations at school where you might be made to stand alone?
2. What scriptures can you draw courage from to do what is right?
3. Who are some people you can turn to when you feel alone?
Further Articles for Study
One Among the Crowd by Dennis E. Neuenschwander
Dare to Stand Alone by Thomas S. Monson
This short video about Thomas S. Monson reminds us "we are never alone when we stand with our Father in Heaven."
Find more Jesus the Christ posts: