Do you want a soup that will satisfy your family and get them coming back for seconds or even thirds? This is it! It makes so much you will have enough for two full meals plus some to pack in lunches. Feel free to adjust the proportions to fit your family.*** Feeding a family of 8, though, means I cook in large batches whenever possible to save myself a night at the stove. Both nights we had this, almost everyone took seconds. It's definitely a keeper!
Lasagna Alfredo Soup
2 lbs rigatoni or other medium-sized pasta, cooked
1 onion, diced
1 lb ground beef (I used venison)
1 lb ground sausage, not flavored (I used antelope)
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon beef bouillon (I like Better Than Bouillon)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 26-oz jar spaghetti sauce
1 15-oz jar alfredo sauce
4 cups beef broth
4 cups tomato juice
1. In a large stock pot, combine the onion and meats. Saute over medium high heat until browned all the way through. If you haven't cooked your pasta ahead of time, now would be a good time to do that.
2. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
3. Dump in the rest of the ingredients except the pasta, and stir to combine. Heat until almost boiling.
4. Turn the stove down to medium. Simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Add the pasta. Mix thoroughly.
6. Serve hot.
***An alternate but just as good method for less soup would be to only add 1 pound of pasta and omit the tomato juice.
I linked here: Tasty Tuesdays, Worthwhile Wednesdays, Wordless Wednesdays, A Wise Woman, Domesblissity, My 2 Favorite Things, G'Day, The Thoughtful Spot, Totally Terrific Tuesday, loulougirls, Titus 2 Tuesdays, Wonderful Wednesday,Fluster Buster, create and share, creative spark, mommycrusader, Mom 2 Mom, Make Your Home Sing, Frugal Crafty, one project at a time, thursday favorite things