Hi! Welcome to Heaven is Smiling Above! I'm so glad you stopped by. The name of my blog is inspired by the beautiful hymn, Love At Home, by John Hugh McNaughton. The third verse starts, "Kindly heaven smiles above, when there's love at home." I truly hope heaven, God, and those of my friends and family who have gone before me and are yet to come can smile on me and my home.
I'm Kathryn: child of God, wife to Super Man, mom to six beautiful girls, pianist, reader, writer, composer, chef, and lover of all things "virtuous, lovely, of good report, [and] praiseworthy." Article of Faith 13
- "The family is ordained of God."
- "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
- "Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." (All three quotes taken from The Family: A Proclamation to the World)
- The strength of society relies completely upon the strength of the families within it. And we need to do better.
- Enough quality small moments really do equate to eternally profound realizations.
- Family Meals: "What your children really want for dinner is you." Dallin H. Oaks
- and amazing food, of course! (lots of recipes to choose from)
- a derivative of the also true statement "The family that prays together stays together." First used in the Family Rosary Crusade of the Catholic Church. I wholeheartedly agree with both!
Let's change our communities and our worlds for the better, one family at a time. You and me, our parents, our siblings, our spouses, our children, our neighbors. We can be the catalyst for change, one moment at a time.
If you want a peek into my family life, please enjoy this incredible video made by Jessica Young at Young Rubbish! It was made for a family reunion and highlights so well what I love about my family.
Want to contact me? I can be reached at email@example.com.